Can I pull up a report for an ex-employee that never connected to my organization's administrative account?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I pull up a report for an ex-employee that never connected to my organization's administrative account?

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:57 am

This doesn't happen often, but we received a request from a company requesting that we provide the hours logged by one of their employees. The employee had not connected their XPunch account with their organization's administrative XPunch account.

The current version of XPunch was built around the principle that the "employee owns their information". This was because XPunch started out as a service intended to protect employees, allowing them to record their hours and have legitimate means of demonstrating that they actually worked the hours that they're claiming they worked.

For this reason, the Privacy Act comes into play. If an employee does not connect their XPunch account to an administrator, the employee "owns" their punch information. As such, Webinnovex (the company that owns XPunch) cannot honour requests from organizations asking for this information due to the privacy act. The best course of action here would be to ask the employee, or former employee, to provide this information themselves.

As time passes, we are learning that there seems to be more demand for companies to "own" punch information and we are currently looking at ways to fulfil this need. This would involve a major change in the flow of programming code.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.xpunch.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top