Request: Time as decimal, not H m

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tabular "Raw" Data

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Today we also had a client requesting the following:

if there was a simple way of pulling out all our Xpunch data in raw tabular form, rather than the formatted XlS doc currently available?
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.xpunch.com

Back to top Go down

Further requests - electronic signatures

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:38 pm

We have received an additional suggestion: †electronic signatures / approvals.

We are new to using xpunch and have come across several things that would make the site more functional for our organization (and many others Iím sure):

∑ † † † † The ability to run time sheet reports on individual employees not the whole group. †We need to have something that we can print out so that employees can sign. †Right now it runs a report with everyone together so that one individualís data runs onto the same page as another individualís data. †This makes signing and filing of individual sheets incredibly difficult.

∑ † † † † Electronic signing of time sheets Ė this would be even BETTER

∑ † † † † Totaling hours using decimals and not minutes. †Right now it lists each personís time to the exact minute. †It would †be more helpful if there was a feature that adjusted each personís daily total to reflect 15 minute increments. †So for example, if someone punched in from 8:09 to 9:00, then it would list for that day that they worked .75 hours instead of 51 minutes.

Of all these things, the first one is the most important.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Request: Time as decimal, not H m

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:17 am

We have had further requests for this feature. †For example, one customer wrote:

Is it possible to change how xpunch calculates an employees hours worked? We are set up on Quickbooks and they do not configure the same.

For instance, if someone works 9 hours and 30 minutes can it be calculated as 9.5?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am

Greetings and thank you for this suggestion!

This is actually the first time that anyone has brought this our attention; however, this is a valid point.

Will discuss this with our technical team to see how this could be integrated into the topic.

Thank you for mentioning this, since it is through feedback such as this that the product evolves.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Request: Time as decimal, not H m

Post by MB on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:34 pm

When I pull my time off xpunch, I always have to take the Hours minutes time and convert it to a decimal to make use of it in calculating with rate per hour. Example: 16 hours 15 minutes I need to make 16.25. I would imagine that is the case in the majority of uses. If the ability to do this within xpunch is there, I can't find it. But I'd guess most everyone who uses it has to do the same as me. It's not that big of a deal when its in 15 min increments, but when they're odd it's more work.

Besides the 'job' I use this for, I teach math. Obviously it's not hard to do for me to calculate. But I've seen students make errors so often when using this kind of information, I would not be surprised if many employees, managers, owners, etc. aren't even aware of the difference. From the employer's point of view, it could work in their favor. From an employee's point of view, it would work against them.

Example: I've worked 6 hours 45 minutes. I can not TELL you how many students I have who would write that as 6.45 (actually, I'm thinking of a particular problem where they calculated the other way and came up with 6.45 when dividing and proceeded to tell me that that was 6 hours and 45 minutes.) As an unknowing (or devious) employer, they could pay the employee for 6.45 (less than 6 and a half) hours. As an employee, they might not realize it should be 6 and three fourths.

Please let me know if I'm missing this setting.

MB

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top