Feature Request...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Feature Request...

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:10 pm

SoundMind,

Thank you for your suggestions. This is something that we have had people request through another medium of communication and we agree with you. It would be nice if a supervisor could edit their employees' hours.

You haven't missed anything. This is not currently an available feature. That being said, we're incorporating it into our next version. In order to do so, however, we need to implement an "audit" feature that allows a supervisor or administrator to see who changed the employee's hours.

Currently, the "XPunch Philosophy" (for lack of a better term) is that the employee "owns" their hours. The original idea was to offer to protection to employees so that they could note their hours. Moving forward, we're going to change this philosophy and it will be the employer that "owns" the employees hours. For this to work, however, there must be transparency for anyone that goes in and edit's an employee's hours.

Hoping this helps to clarify our current situation,

Jamie Bridge
XPunch Customer Services
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.xpunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soundmindinvesting on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Just started using XPunch. This could be very helpful for our small organization.

However, I couldn’t find a way to edit employee’s hours? As the admin, it would be nice for me to be able to add their paid time off days for them.

Is this already do-able and I’m just missing it or is it in consideration for the final release? It would be much easier for me to do this than to log in as each of them to update their timesheets.

Thanks for your help.

soundmindinvesting

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:21 am

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to respond by indicating that most of the features you requested will be available in one form or another in the up-and-coming Silverlight version of XPunch.

There is one feature, however, that probably won't make it: your 6th suggestion. If you could provide further information on the context of how you would use this feature, that might help us understand a little more about how we could integrate this feature into XPunch.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.xpunch.com

Back to top Go down

Feature Request...

Post by charlie on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Forgive if this has been recommended before, but here are my observations from using with my 4 employee's.

1. Hour calculation for week: It seems there is no way to get the last hour of the day calculated.
2. Time report for hours worked: You can set 24 hour work days but not weekends.
3. Adding users: It would be nice to be able to merge in other users and put them under a hierarcy, even if they already have direct reports. i.e.e nesting
4. Entries: It would be nice if it would poplulate the date of the day you are vieiwing rather than the current day.
5: Entires: It would be time saving if it would cach all of the last options and dates so.
6. Entries: It would be nice to have a re-occuring weekly time, like to track a meeting without entering it every week.

charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top