How do I delete, cancel or close my XPunch account permanently?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I delete, cancel or close my XPunch account permanently?

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Question:  I would like to permanently delete my account from XPunch.  How do I go about doing this?

Response:  XPunch accounts may not be closed through an automated process.  If you wish to close your account, email us directly with your request at support@webinnovex.com

Please include include your XPunch account login and password in order to authenticate your request.

Optionally, you may provide the reason(s) for your request to close your account--we would appreciate this as it will help us to improve the XPunch experience for other users.

If the the e-mail/password combination is correct, we will delete the account. We will not reply to the e-mail message. You can confirm on your own that the account has been deleted by attempting to log into your old XPunch account. If you can't log in, you know it's been deleted. If you can still log in, you didn't provide us all of the information we require to delete your account.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.xpunch.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I delete, cancel or close my XPunch account permanently?

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Follow-Up Question:  I have read your solution to deleting accounts and I don't want to provide you with my XPunch account login and/or my password.

Response:  
       At the moment, this is the only method in place to validate that someone is the actual user of an XPunch account.  Without this validation, anyone could request that we delete an account and this could naturally create grave consequences.

To clarify, we are not asking for your e-mail--password combination, but rather we are asking for your XPunch login -- password combination.  There is a difference (or at least there should be).

If this solution is not amenable to you, you may simply delete or modify any information that you deem necessary in your XPunch account and abandon the account.  Alternatively, you can wait for the "delete account" feature to appear in a future version of the product.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.xpunch.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top