My employees are modifying their punches (manual punches). How can I find out what the original start or end time was before they made a manual punch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My employees are modifying their punches (manual punches). How can I find out what the original start or end time was before they made a manual punch?

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:48 pm

The short answer is "no--there is no mechanism for seeing the original time of the punch."

If a punch is modified, the "new" start or "end" times are modified for the punch and no record of the original times are kept.  XPunch was originally developed with the employee in mind (and not the employer) and this is an artifact that has carried over into the current version of the product.

We have received a number of requests form employers to have greater control over the ability to allow or prevent their employees from creating manual punches.  As such, this feature will be incorporated into a future version of the product.

This is, however, the first time that someone has brought up the concept of allowing a manual punch but keeping the original information.  I will pass this information along to our technical team.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.xpunch.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top